Successful Weight Reduction
"That's just the way I am" - I hear this sentance all the time, in fact, I've probably used it myself in the past. Now, however, I always ask myself "Really? Why? Who told you that?"
We all have the power and ability to shape our lives and make positive changes. Sometimes this can feel impossible, but I promise you its true.
Remember these three important things:
- You are here, reading this so you must want to change. Wanting to change is the first step to creating that change
- Words carry weight. Listen to the language you use. You do not want to lose weight becuase our subconscious interprets losing as a negative thing so works against it. You want to permanently, safely, get rid of the weight - naturally
- Start asking positive questions. So instead of "why can't I lose the weight? " try "How can I start controlling my weight?". It opens up all sorts of opportunities for you
When trying to reduce our weight we put so much pressure on ourselves. I need to lose half a stone in 2 weeks, I need to lose weight every week, why can't I be like my friend who can eat whatever they want? - Have you heard any of these before?
What about this one? - I've broken my diet by having a biscuit so I may as well scrap today, eat what I want and start again tomorrow/Monday/next week....! One slip or even one binge does not equal failure. In fact, you can eat whatever you want and whenever you want. You just need to learn what it is you actually want. Most people don't even realise how certain foods effect them and make them feel.
Here are a few tips of small changes you can start to make today:
- Reduce your intake by only 50 calories a day (half a can of coke, a slice of bread, a biscuit). Over a year thats 5lbs down so easily :-)
- Remember slowly on slowly off. Aim to reduce your weight by 1/2lb to 1lb per week. Your body needs time to catch up with whats happening otherwise it goes into starvation mode
- Increase activity by only 10 minutes a day - whether its a gentle walk around the block, dancing while you wash up, or parking further from the supermarket. It may not seem alot, but that extra 10 minutes burns calories and over a year can lead to a 10lb loss give or take
- Still enjoy your favourite foods but only have it once a fortnight - you'll enjoy it more! Or swap for a kids portion and eat off a tea plate
- Start swapping some of your carbs for more protein. It helps you feel fuller for longer and your body processes protein more efficiently
- Can't throw food away? It's either going in the bin or on your waist and down the loo ;-)
If you can't afford one to one sessions or you prefer to listen to CDs. I offer a range of CDs aimed at helping you to reduce weight healthily and safely. I have some generic CDs but do prefer to create CDs that are personal to you. They are more likely to be effective.
For more information, send me an email or give me a call.