I am trained in working with clients on issues regarding fertility and have an indepth understanding of the challenges faced when wanting to concieve and the psychological impact of difficulties faced. Once a woman decides to have a baby, something weird happens and it becomes all they can think about. Each month they wait avidly for that little blue line that confirms whether or not they are pregnant.But for some women this become an emotional trauma as a few months turns into a few more months, a year and so on. At some point during this time, many women will discover they have fertility issues.
Infertility is defined by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the World Health Organisation as:
"failing to get pregnant after two years of regular unprotected sex"
There are two types of infertility:
- Primary infertility - pregnancy has never occured
- Secondary infertility - one or both members of the couple have previously conceived, but are unable to conceive again after a full year of trying
Fertility Issues & Hypnotherapy
It is estimated that one in seven UK couples have difficulty conceiving. Of 100 couples trying to conceive naturally 20/100 will conceive within one month, 70/100 will conceive within 6 months and 95/100 will conceive within 2 years. There are a wide variety of issues that can contribute to fertility problems including
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Unexplained infertility - all is healthy and working properly but still no baby
- Male fertility issues
Hypnotherapy can assist fertility by
- Helping to alleviate any emotional blockages that may prevent conception
- Giving the client control. Control over their treatment and over their wellbeing
- A non-invasive therapy that is holistic and not just looking at the physical aspects
- Increasing the strength of the mind body connection
- Providing emotional support for the client they may not recieve from friends and family and help the client find answers to emotional dilemas
- Understanding the clients stressors and helping them to cope and relax more
- Providing motivational hypnotherapy to help the client to be at his/her best for conception including weight, exercise, diet, stopping smoking and sleep.